Beendigen assists women in making the transition to an abuse-free life. Our Transitional Housing & Support Workers help women to secure and maintain housing, develop an individual safety and transitional plan and provide them with helpful community resources.
The Transitional Housing Support Program is a service designed to provide support to women (with or without children) that have experienced violence and/or abuse. Beendigen supports women through this program to live free from violence by connecting them with necessary community support, including:
Housing, Counselling, Parenting Support, Education Upgrading, Job Training, Income Support, Legal Aid, Health and Wellness Services.
Services are provided in the areas of:
- Individual support to address issues of violence and abuse against women
- Safety planning
- Developing short and long term goals
- Assisting women in meeting their goals and carrying our traditional plans
- Providing information on a variety of healing methods
- Providing support and/or information on education upgrading, parenting, job training, affordable housing, income support, health and wellness services, legal aid and other services pertaining to women seeking a life free from violence
- Transportation assistance
A Transitional Support Worker can meet with you over a period of days, weeks or months to assist you in establishing yourself in the community.
They will work with you to determine exactly what types of supports you and your children need, to live with enhanced safety, comfort and dignity.
For further information, please contact us at:
235 S Syndicate Ave
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 1E1